Programming in C#, IV
Syllabus for students spring 2019
- Course Code:
- DA209B revision 2
- Swedish name:
- Programmering med C#, IV
- Level of specialisation
- Main fields of study:
- No main fields
- Date of ratification:
- 29 August 2018
- Decision-making body:
- Faculty of Technology and Society
- Enforcement date:
- 29 August 2018
- Replaces Syllabus ratified:
- 16 June 2015
- English B/English 6 from Swedish upper secondary school, or equivalent
- DA208B – Programming in C#, III or DA208C – Programming in C#, III
Specialisation and progression relative to the degree regulations
Single subject course.
This course aims to teach students with prior programming skills in C# and .NET technologies to develop advanced web applications with ASP.NET and its various flavours such as ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core and Web APIs. The course will help students to focus on coding activities that enhance the usability, scalability and performance of a web application.
The course covers the following topics:
• Introduction to HTML and CSS
• ASP.NET Web Pages
• ASP.NET MVC
• Introduction to.NET Core
• ASP.NET Core
• ASP.NET Core Web API
Knowledge and understanding
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to show:
• Skills in designing and developing of web applications based on .NET technologies,
• Knowledge and understanding of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern.
Skills and abilities
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to show:
• Skills to create interactive web-based applications using ASP.NET, Web Pages, Web APIs, and ASP.NET Core,
• Skills to create web applications using ASP.NET MVC.
Judgement and approach
Upon successful completion of this course, students should:
• Show awareness of the standards, and modern web-based .NET technologies,
• Show the ability to evaluate and compare solutions based on the different ASP.NET platforms.
The course consists of video lectures, quizzes, programming exercises and mandatory assignments.
Distance learning: The education is offered exclusively online; attendance or other physical presence is neither planned nor required. Students are expected to have access to a computer with Windows and Internet connection.
Requirements for Pass (G):
Passed Assignments (4 +2 credits), and passed quizzes (1.5 credits).
Requirements for Pass with Distinction (VG):
VG on the Assignments (4 +2 credits), and passed quizzes (1.5 credits).
Fail (U), Pass (G) or Pass with Distinction (VG).
Course literature and other teaching materials
- Freeman A., “Pro ASP.NET Core MVC 2”, APress, 7th Edition 2017, ISBN 978-1-4842-3150-0
Higher education institutions shall enable students who are participating in or have completed a course to express their experiences and views on the course through a course evaluation to be organized by the higher education institution. The higher education institution shall collate the course evaluations and provide information about their results and any actions prompted by the course evaluations. The results shall be made available to the students.” (HF 1:14).
In a case when a course is no longer given, or the contents have been changed essentially, the student has the right to be examined twice during a one year period, according to the course plan which was valid at the time of registration.
This course is given English. All educational materials will be in English.